- 2009/2013 - LIPIDENGUE: The role of hepatic lipid membranes and lipid droplets in Dengue virus encapsidation. A gateway to new therapies. (PTDC/QUI-BIQ/112929/2009)
- Structural characterization at the molecular level of vector peptides to transfect macromolecules across lipidic membranes. Membrane-active peptides across disciplines and continents: An integrated approach to find new strategies to fight bacteria, dengue virus and neurodegeneration (MEMPEPACROSS). Marie Curie International Research Staff Exchange Scheme (IRSES, FP7-PEOPLE-2009-IRSES), Collaboration with Biomembraes Unit
- Study of the inhibitory action of peptides on the fusion of the virus HIV-1 at the molecular level (PTDC/QUI-BIQ/104787/2008, collaboration with Biomembranes Unit).
- Peptides as drug candidates directed to pain and neurodegeneration (Pep2Brain), EC-FP7 Marie Curie Industry-Academia Partnerships and Pathways (IAPP), Grant nº 230654
- Toward the development of peptide-based hydrogels for tissue regeneration applications with inherent antibacterial activity. (EC, FP7-PEOPLE-IOF-2008-235154) (FCT, PTDC/SAU-BEB/099142/2008)
(all on-going projects involve collaborations)